Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog featuring information on the weather in the Seattle area. I will try to place a summary of each day's weather and future outlooks. Living in the PACNW has taught be a lot about weather and just how interesting it is. There are many different types of weather events that we experience in Western WA and this will be a good place to discuss local weather, especially during the Fall/Winter months when we experience our most active weather. When at all possible I would like for you guys to post local observations of the weather in your area so we can share with everyone.

Please check back often as I intend to update this blog frequently.

Have a great week!

~ Steve

3 comments:

  1. Hey Steve,

    Just wanting to know more about your background before I sign up for this blog. Do you have any training or experience relating to atmospheric science and I also found your address from Cliff Mass's blog. Do you know him or work with him in any way? Also, what are your sources? Lowland snow in a week or so, kind of odd. Just curious, that's all, because I'm looking forward to reading your updated material of your knowledge, not a NWS forecast discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I have no affiliation with Dr. Mass, but I do admire him and enjoy reading his blogs. I studied atmospheric science in Texas at A&M. I can also read and interpret computer models and I am familiar with the weather patterns/features that occur in the the Pacific NW. I will be using data from over 10 different weather sources to supply information on this blog. I am also an iPhone application developer and have several weather applications for sale in iTunes, just search my name in the iTunes store.

    The GFS model has been consistently showing low thicknesses at 850mb and 1000-500mb around the first part of November for a few days now (will post later on this). Anyways, thanks for stopping by. Of course, long range models are not too accurate outside of 4-5 days. It will be getting progressively colder through the end of the month. Possibly highs in the upper 30's to mid 40's by mid to late next week. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your added information. Just one more question, how long have you been living in Seattle?

    ReplyDelete