Monday, October 26, 2009

Snow In The Mountains

Hi everyone, hope your weekend was great. Well, I woke up this morning to a heavy rain at my house here in the Issaquah Highlands and a few minutes later my 4 year old son asked me, "Hey dad why is it not snowing?" I of course told him it wasn't cold enough and that is was probably snowing in the mountains. Guess what we did today? That's right, we drove out to see some snow at Stevens Pass today. Luckily, I work from home so I had some time to spare. I just wanted to share some pictures.

When we got there at 2pm today it was snowing heavily and there was already a good 3 inches on the ground. We only stayed for 30 minutes (enough time to have a quick snowball fight) and the snow kept coming down at a pretty good clip.

Look for more snow showers to continue in the mountains through tomorrow afternoon. Maybe the SKI resorts can start building a base so we can partake in some real winter fun soon.

As for the weather in the Seattle Metro area, look for showery conditions tomorrow and chilly temperatures in the upper 40's to lower 50's. Wednesday should be dry as we await the next system due in here on Thursday. I'll leave you all with a couple more pics from the Snow Storm today @ Steven's Pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment